It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malnutrition rate among Iraqi children doubled since US war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
BAGHDAD, Nov. 22 (Xinhuanet) -- A latest study showed that the malnutrition rate among Iraqi children had doubled since the US-ledwar on the country 20 months ago, local newspaper Al Sharq Al Awsat reported on Monday.

The study, co-conducted by the Iraqi Health Ministry, the Norwegian Institution of Applied Studies and the United Nations aidagency in Iraq, pointed out that the rate of severe malnutrition among Iraqi children above 5 years old increased to 7.7 percent this year, in comparison with 4 percent two years ago.

news.xinhuanet.com...

Liberation - How wonderful it is !

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It sad but truth since the invasion US new that the population on the Iraqi nation due to sanctions was having problems now one year later the US has not address the problem due to the hostilities in the nation after the invasion is an estimate that if something is not done soon about it, is going to be a crisis of imaginable proportions 400,000 Iraqi children suffering from "wasting," a condition that takes in chronic diarrhea and dangerous deficiencies of protein.

US is responsible for the lifes of the people and specially inocent children in that country after the invasion and occupation.

The diet of this people is of lamb and rice or something like it. The majority muslin does not eat any other type of meat.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Who calculated the malnutrition rate before the US went into Iraq? Saddams people that could have made up any numbers they wanted or perhaps the Iraqie media that Saddam also had complete control of.

I wonder what the malnutrition rate was among kurdish children under Saddam.I wonder if Saddams people even calculated the kurds in his studies. Maybe it wasnt that high since he gased alot of them.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Given the questionable propaganda you sually post forth, Im not surprised you are not pointing to the obvious. The insurgents have been looting the food and made it unsafe to deliver it. So perhaps this should all be layed at thier feet eh?

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Given the questionable propaganda you sually post forth, Im not surprised you are not pointing to the obvious. The insurgents have been looting the food and made it unsafe to deliver it. So perhaps this should all be layed at thier feet eh?

Blame whoever you want. You won't get around the fact that this ultimately is a consequence of Bush's decision to go to war.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
FredT the this is the link the truth is that is not lie the invasion and ocupation has turned an existing problem into a bigger problem and if the US or UN or whomever groups are to take care of this does not do something soon it will be worst.

www.indystar.com...

Sad but somethings are keep quiet. US has been warn about this possible problem since before the invasion, due to the fact that Iraq had problem before under Sadam and UN santions.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Your propaganda also seems questionable. If you have any links could you please tell
and please don't use the American ministry of propaganda

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Just to make sure I am crystal clear on the subject, the malnutrition from Iraqis is the american's fault? Sounds like a logical conclusion. No, seriously. I think that we could find a way to blame the americans (a.k.a. Bush) for the increased heat waves in France and Spain too. Where is the foodstuffs being brought in by the ever-vigilant UN peacekeeping forces? Or are they still trying to supply the Sudanese with food? The americans fought in Korea in the 50's and they are having nuclear problems, so I believe that, in this line of thinking, that is the US's fault also. Don't try to blame George W. or the americans for the poor living conditions in Iraq. It was that way before any of this started. If anything, the conditions have increased, and increase every time an insurgent is destroyed. Things can only get better as these terrorists are brought to Allah. My heart goes out to the innocent children who were forced to live under Saddam's tyrrany, and I feel that the future is a little brighter for them to be able to grow up in an environment that doesn't kill you if you are not on the same line as the leader.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by rrobert5425
Just to make sure I am crystal clear on the subject, the malnutrition from Iraqis is the american's fault?

Anything that happens as a result of the invasion is the responsibility of the country that led the invasion.
That includes the malnutrition and the collapse of law and order.

If the US hadn't spent the billions of dollars of seized Iraqi assets on overpriced foreign firms, the country's infrastructure could be in better shape.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Volkgeister
Your propaganda also seems questionable. If you have any links could you please tell
and please don't use the American ministry of propaganda
Regardless of what you may think, I believe that this is one of the few subjects that is actually getting accurate reporting. It is simply a matter of logic that there would be looting of supplies and people on the other end left doing without. a google search turned up a couple of articles concerning this, but alas, none that would satisfy you.

BG

Sep

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Who calculated the malnutrition rate before the US went into Iraq? Saddams people that could have made up any numbers they wanted or perhaps the Iraqie media that Saddam also had complete control of.

I wonder what the malnutrition rate was among kurdish children under Saddam.I wonder if Saddams people even calculated the kurds in his studies. Maybe it wasnt that high since he gased alot of them.

I think the UN was there for a while so maybe they calculated it but I am not sure. And about the Kurds, the US didnt seem to mind it that much after all, this is off the top of my head, the US government gave Saddam $1 billion in loans about a month after the bombing and they didnt mind when Saddam bombed the Iranians killing tens of thousands using chmical weapons provided by the Europians and still stayed on the Saddam's side.

[edit on 24-11-2004 by Sep]

Sep

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Sorry I just double checked it was 6 months afterwards

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Actually the UN was in Iraq for a while but due to the bombings to the workers if pull out of the country because US and coalition could not keep their workers save.

Now the news are starting to sip out about the crisis now that the Red Crescent is having more access to the inside of Iraq.

Right now Fallujah has no water or electricity and most of the city has been destroy on the attack.

Let me fix that most of the building in the city has structural damage.

Remember US broke the country and now it has to fix it. And that includes feeding the people.

US is going to need the help of other countries to achieve this task. We are talking about millions of people.

new topics

top topics

join