It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light Pillars In Canada!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Light pillars are a phenomenon that can occur when ice crystals in the atmosphere reflect light.

In this case, the reflection was caused by the cold temperatures in the region overnight Tuesday and the city lights below.

The occurrence is rare, though not unheard of.

www.sunnewsnetwork.ca...

I have never even heard of these things before, and if I had saw first hand I'd be flipping my lid calling everyone outside (regardless of how late)

There were some in Findland a few years back, and takes just the right mix of elements and weather:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
That is amazing. I have never heard of this . Had I witnessed a light shining down like that I would be looking for some kind of divine intervention....or a cow floating up.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Yep! Run to or away from???

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'm hoping these aren't an indication of a large earthquake.

If I can find the link I will post it here unless someone else does.

In the UK the aurora lights were seen yesterday seems like we are all having quite a light show.

One more thing has anyone else noticed how the spectrum of light changes..........
balls

what I meam is on certain images the colours relate to each other and the colours are in a certain sequence
(For example only)
Red, yellow, pink and green red been the colour closer to the planet
yet sometimes it will be backwards
green, pink, yellow and red been the colour furthest from earth?

Do you understand lol pmsl

I am actually asking here, if anhone knows.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Just spectacular.I've never heard of this phenomena.Thank you for posting these

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I've seen this several times. Ironically, while driving along the edge of a major military base in Southern Ontario. Kinda makes you stop and think, doesn't it? Since this event isn't supposed to happen all that often, I can tell you I've seen it at least 8 or 9 times in the last month and a half. How odd indeed.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Amazing, this world(nature) still amazes me. never heard of it before.

You can see how many might assume this is something supernatural or aliens... How i thought my first sleep paralysis was alien abduction lol.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

skelly1178
I've seen this several times. Ironically, while driving along the edge of a major military base in Southern Ontario. Kinda makes you stop and think, doesn't it? Since this event isn't supposed to happen all that often, I can tell you I've seen it at least 8 or 9 times in the last month and a half. How odd indeed.

I don't remember seeing these either until recently and I've seen them a few times, just the other night in Turtle Lake, WI, driving into the village the whole town was covered with them. These are another sign of global warming. A .8 degree temperature increase globally has added 7% more moisture to the atmosphere which is why we are having so much snow and torrential rains all over the place, but also, this is why we are seeing more of these light pillars and other strange atmospheric phenomenon such as sun dogs and moon halos. Although nothing new, there are quite a few of these lately, especially the triple sun effect.

Light pillars caused by ice crystals caused by more moisture in the atmosphere.

new topics

top topics

join