It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GCHQ identified Kinect as possible snooping tool; Microsoft denies all knowledge

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HardCorps

Microsoft Corporation
> Total contributions (2012-ongoing): $2,253,565
> Donations to Democratic Party: 68%
> Donations to Republican Party: 32%
> Spending on lobbying (2012-ongoing): $1,790,000

Industry: Software

Microsoft has a long history of political contributions, donating a total of $24 million since 1988. Only once over the last seven election cycles has the software company not been one of the ten largest political donors among public companies. Though the company's chairman, Bill Gates, is one of the world's wealthiest individuals, he has exclusively contributed smaller, incremental donations directly to party groups and candidates, rather than providing PACs with large contributions. In addition to Gates, CEO Steve Ballmer has made more than 20 political contributions ranging from $1,000 to $15,000. Donations from these and other employees accounted for 67% of the money raised in the present election cycle.

Got that from here: www.huffingtonpost.com...

--

If you think Microsoft (or any of these other companies that "donate" money to political organizations) isn't in constant communication with political staffers, on up to actual representatives, about policy that might affect their industry, you need to take your head out of the sand.

I honestly don't see any of these major companies ignoring something that might be a risk to their business. If good business is about limiting risk, they would definitely know all about these policies and how they were being used (through "informants", reading internet chatter, or reading the actual laws).

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
i'm doing Tony Clifton impersonations today

it's one of them psy-op thingy's ...they put all this spyware # in everything for 10-20 years, then 10-20 years later they start to tell you about it, they wanna see if you're ready to sell your soul yet, how many of you are going to give in because you want to play mortal kombat 33 in hi-definition with surround sound?

it's not about someone watching you drink beer and touch yourself.. it's about the SOFTWARE they have running in the background, that analyzes your voice for signs of stress, watches your facial expressions to log your mood, watches where your eyes go (etc)

that old desktop with the 20 megabyte harddrive the size of a housebrick is going to come in handy one day

i will surveev
i will surveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeev!!!

<< 1   >>

join