It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bolt hole (Replacing the Morning coffee thread)

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Savour it mate ... sounds like you've earned it !

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

I did and now I'm savouring no.2

12 years a slave all lined up and ready to go, a full stomach of roast beef and all the trimmings........................Man I love Sundays.

Cody

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Hey guys, how is everyone?

Iv'e got snow, not much, enough to be a pain. lol Temps in the single digits fahrenheit for the low. Have to leave my cozy home and get out in it tomorrow . I have a Dr. appointment.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamschist

Hey schist!

So jealous of the snow! i love snow! only got too see it when i went on holidays too Canada though, that was cold it was like -20 i felt like my nose was going too fall of it stung that bad lol..

I have just been busy painting and packing still, we have got 10 days too go but im trying to get everything organised asap so i don't have too be freaking out and trying to get it all done in the few days before we move. lol. I have someone coming too appraise our house for our landlord tomorrow that's kind of annoying because at the moment i have stuff everywhere its like an obstacle course just to get from one end too the other lol boxes etc everywhere!!

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Chaos is difficult to deal with. Packing a family up while still living in the home has to test your organization skills. Whenever I have moved the first thing I unpack are my paintings and wall decorations. They say 'home' to me. Since you will be moving again so soon after this will you leave some things boxed up? Starting early is for sure the smart thing, good for you!

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Hi guys how are we all ?

Man I hate moving house, done it so many times now it drives me mad, the last to pack for me is always my audio equipment and speakers, and the first thin to be put back together at the other end.

Working without music is ungodly

Cody

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Hi all!

Iam, we have a dang weather advisory starting at 5 pm tonight, until 9pm tomorrow night. Snowing and blowing. Crap.

Chickens water has been freezing, so I'm hauling hot water to the barn every morning. Until Wednesday. Then the heated dog bowl arrives!

Cripes, at least 4 more months of this.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Hi chiefs

No snow for us yet just cold and rainy, watch this space for when we get an inch of snow and Britain grinds to a resounding halt again. The 4x4's will all be garaged and it'll be a 3 hour drive to/from work, we really are pathetic when it comes to snow over here.

Cody

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
We are the same way for the first snow. Already had a few big pile-up's on the highways. Nobody wants to slow down. It is really embarrassing for a state that can get a few feet over the winter. We aren't Florida for pete's sake.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

It certainly does! I agree I always try to personalise the place straight away to make it feel homely, although we haven't moved in soo long now! my mum used too always move us around when we were younger and I hated it but in the process I would always have to change schools aswell so im glad Heidi can stay at her school even though I have to drive her everyday lol, in peak hour. fun!

I hadn't actually thought about that but thanks for bringing it up I think ill keep some stuff that we don't use so much packed and store it all in the garage!

Drives me mad aswell! I think that's why we stayed here in the house we are in for so long! Our new house is double the size of this house and I have a really nice chefs kitchen too! So makes it more worth it for me. Yes music seems too make hard work easier doesn't it.

Sounds too me like your chickens are lucky too have you! does the water actually freeze or just goes really cold? that probably sounds like the dumbest question but I know in some places you can actually put stuff outside and it basically snaps frozen!

edit on 17-11-2014 by Shana91aus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
chiefsmom, poor chickens brrrrrrr. We are heading into a warm up, so it will be along your way soon. No more freezing water. That heated dog dish sounds nifty.

Cody and Shana91aus, music goes without saying. All work goes better with tunes! Preferably loud, preferably rock! My MP3 and I wash dishes all the time, I sing badly along too. lol Wow Shana that kitchen sounds sweet! Also more room, nice.
edit on 18-11-2014 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

I was an airforce brat so we moved as and when the RAF deemed it neccessary usually every 3 years or so, I loved the adventure of a new country and a new school as a kid. But when we started our secondary education and examx became important we settled down

Yeah I'm with you on the kitchen it sounds a delight, and music reigns supreme in the workshop and the spray shop, usually rock with the odd personal indulgence.

Hope all is well with you all

Cody

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

Unfortunately, like last night, with the windchill it was 6F. I have a plastic waterer, about 12 inches around, and it was froze solid.

I didn't even let them outside today. They have a small run, inside the pole barn, but I didn't open the back door to their outside run.
Just didn't want chickencicles! LOL

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Funny, my mom moved us around all the time too. My sister and I counted recently, we moved 13 times before 5th grade, including two states. I hated it and I blame that for my atrocious handwriting as well.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Here ya go Chiefs ...

lol.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Totally agree! although not sure about Rock music hahah, yeah it should be pretty sweet over Christmas too it will make prepping the loads of food I have too do on Christmas day way easier too! so that timing worked pretty well !

That's cool you got too move to different countries!!! We always stuck around the same kind of area's all the time which was good but a lot of the time it still meant a school change.

Hahahaha chickencicles! That is totally insane! wow! it must be absolutely freezing there! literally!!! Must be so cool getting fresh eggs all the time too, I hate how much we have too pay for eggs! I only buy free range with independent free range certification, because a lot can say free range and that just means they are all crammed in too sheds not cages its amazing the lies these companies get away with but only like $2 more and I can get ones I know are legit. Soo anyways that's my rant out the way for the day haha!

Wow that's a lot of moving, I haven't actually sat and counted how many times I had moved in primary school, would be almost up around your number though! its nice you had a sister though so if you started a new school was she there too? the hardest thing for me was making friends, it still is a hard thing for me lol, im pretty shy, but would have been cool too have your sister too hang around on the first day etc.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Movers and shakers all of us, lol. My Dad was Navy and we moved every three years. I moved 3 times in 5th grade chiefsmom and I always thought that was hard. Wow, I should think that was traumatic. Did you imagine in 5th grade you would grow up to be 'chicken lady'? lol I too hated all the moving, it was always hard to fit into a new school. Imho it made us all versatile and able to quickly assimilate and adapt to new situations. A skill I later came to appreciate.

I am also shy, but I hide behind being outgoing, if that makes any sense? A good defense is a good offense? These days I avoid social situations entirely, one of the perks of being retired. I hermit.

Hope everyone has a great day/evening/morning. Fun to be part of an international coffee klatsch.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Glad you're not a hermit here schist !

Eta: Lavazza Black espresso - flat white with one ... mmmm !!

edit on 19-11-2014 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Hi guys

Another of doing miracles come to a close, and I'm back home debating on what to cook for dinner ? Something simple tonight I think.

I too blame my atrocious hand writing on all the moves, when we finally came back it was summer holidays and I was used to school early and short because of the heat. So our main holiday was only a couple of weeks, 8 weeks without writing and I never recovered.

I think I got over it all by being the class clown, found it helped me to be popular and never really grew out of it

Chiefsmom my wife's school has chickens so we get fresh eggs from there and they are to die for

Timely I'm loving your funny pics thread mate it really puts a smile on my face after work.................Thanks mate

Cody

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

schist

would you like us to do a snazzy sig strip for you ?

Let us know what you'd like if so

Cody

new topics

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join