It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bolt hole (Replacing the Morning coffee thread)

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I have mixed feelings about the door in place. I am not a fan of painted wood, or stain so dark you cannot see the wood, part of the beauty of the original door was the wood and the care Cody had taken to match the grain etc. It is an imposing door and the leaded glass is very nice.

That home NightStar posted is amazing, agree pain to dust, maid or no. Kind of like a very rich hobbit. lol

Good Morning Everyone. :-)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamschist

Probs just me but every time I see your user name I think of something completely different.

Lol

I could not agree with you more. Paint over nice timber should have been the eleventh commandment.

P

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Yes!

Looking back and allowed to do it over I would change my name due to the unfortunate associations, many people have called me Christ, to my horror, and of course there is the scatilogical reference. 'sigh' I am a rock lover and to me there was no other association, just a type of rock.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

It is a good day today for I have learned something new.

Schist is a medium-grade metamorphic rock with medium to large, flat, sheet-like grains in a preferred orientation (nearby grains are roughly parallel). It is defined by having more than 50% platy and elongated minerals, often finely interleaved with quartz and feldspar.

Now every time I see you, I will think of a rock.

I think you were better off when I thought you were holy.

Ah, I know, I will set up a different association...... this one.

LET US ROCK!

I will have to give you a new nick name.

Ladies and Gentlemen ..... may I introduce

ROCKY

Is that the boxer or Bullwinkles mate

P

edit on 18/10/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

LMAO! Always nice to learn new things and give someone a giggle, thanks! I am multilayered and hard headed, lol. I collect rocks have lots of them around my house inside. I find beauty in the plain and ordinary. :-) You can call me anything except late for dinner. lol

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

For the ones for my mum and mum in law probably like 50 each too fill them! Thinking of making some baked goods for them too not really sure what though! Ill have to have a look on google for some ideas.

I know right but the shops have had Christmas stuff in them for about a month now so they must be thinking its closer than it is! Halloween seems to be really boring in our area hardly anyone trick or treats! A few of my neighbours do thats about it! Id LOVE too be in the US for it, it seems alot bigger there than here!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Hi honey I'm home

Cheers for the link mate
Here's a smaller version of said piccie

Why are the tiny arches not connected to anything. It looks to me as if they should have thin timber running all the way down, but no, they just sit up there like they are going to fall down any minute.

P the architect felt that to continue the arches down to the lock rail would have 2 effects, firstly the door would look to fussy and less imposing, and he felt that it would look like a prison door rather the entrance to a grand mansion. We did try it out to see what it would look like and to be honest mate he 100% bang on. As for the plain panels I have no idea mate, I didn't ask about that.

Here is a link to the mansions history if anyone is interested LINKY

Cody

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I have mixed feelings about the door in place. I am not a fan of painted wood, or stain so dark you cannot see the wood, part of the beauty of the original door was the wood.

Hi Christ
just kidding mate.

When I saw the doors had been stained I nearly punched the architect square in the mouth there and then, I had what is known on ATS as a Codyplosion, a real old fashioned hissy fit, I blew my top etc. etc. etc.

Once I had calmed down, he explained that it went with the theme and history of the house, I told him to "Shove his theme up his (snip)" He was aghast "Never have I worked with someone that cares so much about his work" He replied. Off the back of Codyplosion we got the contract to fit out some multi million pound flats in Chelsea.

Cody

ETA: Schist

I'm thinking cool background for an avatar after halloween *hint* *hint*
edit on 18/10/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

LOL on the name thing :-P Good to hear it upset you too. Nice on the new business, woo hoo!!

I have a couple of Schist pics for avatars, kinda boring frankly, lol You would think it would help with the whole name thing but noooooooo. lol

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

My very first ever reply to you on ATS was going to be along the lines of........................with a name Iamchrist yada yada yada.

To this day I remember how I just caught myself before hitting reply, save myself from a major face palm LOL. One of those unforgettable ATS moments.

Right I'm off to buy P's book if amazon let's me this time

Cody

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Bout time you carried the can !
Pfft !

Blouse !

Ed: Schist ... "Rock On" !!
edit on 18-10-2014 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Interesting history of the home and area Cody!

Iamschist, I had no idea what your name meant until now. I like rocks too.

Shana, yeah, we have Christmas stuff in the stores already here too. Yes, Halloween is really big here in the U.S. There are plenty of parties for kids and adults, spooky houses to go through with creepy characters coming out at you, There are paranormal lectures you can catch etc. Here in my town, we have spooky boat rides with characters dressed up. You get on a boat on the river with them and a story unfolds. You can play along with the characters.

years ago I purchased a long silk velvet cloak from the infamous Salem Massachusettes. A place known for its witch trials as well as a rich maritime history. Anyway, Halloween is the only time I get to wear it.
edit on 18-10-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Thanks Night

It's about 1 1/2 hours from me, I get the new car delivered on Thursday, so I might just take a drive down there for a bit of a run, and see if the owners would mind me taking a few photo's of my work in situ. The worst they can do is tell me to bugger off. But if I use my Cornish/Irish charm

Cody

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: cody599

Thanks Night

It's about 1 1/2 hours from me, I get the new car delivered on Thursday, so I might just take a drive down there for a bit of a run, and see if the owners would mind me taking a few photo's of my work in situ. The worst they can do is tell me to bugger off. But if I use my Cornish/Irish charm

Cody

Give 'em the Maltese cross mate !

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

I may just do that Timely

I lived in Malta as a kid, dad was based at R.A.F. Luqa for about 7 years, best childhood a kid could hope for mate. All the sailors that were hosted by the R.A.F. guys and they all 'adopted' us kids, we'd get to go on the ships and be given presents galore.

We lived in Kalafrana. Dad taught me to swim by throwing me into the sea.

I was a very lucky kid

Cody

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Dad taught me to swim by throwing me into the sea.

Actually my Father's Dad did the same to him. Man, I'd be pissed and scared to death if someone did that to me as a kid!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

My kids would love that so much! Man i would love it too! i wish more people would get in too it here because its fun and i love too dress up aswell! lol. The boat rides sound awesome!!! i have read about the Salem witch trials, that sounds cool.
There is alot more halloween stuff here in the shops this year so maybe it might be a bit bigger this year, but mainly people just have their own halloween parties with friends, some of my friends do and do prizes for best costumes etc but that is about it.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

Hopefully in the future Halloween will be a bigger thing in your Country. In the meantime, make your own fun.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Thanks for the ornament ideas! I might have to try something like that this year. I hear you on the hot glue gun. It never fails that I burn myself with it more than once.

Somehow, I manage to make the tissue paper look silly in a basket or a bag, but it's still a lot better than my wrapping. One year for work I just got some cute felt baskets that were Santa Pants and stuffed them full of sweets. Apparently no one else in the office was very crafty either since I got a candle and a candy bar from the other women. We did have a pot luck that went swimmingly.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Soobaz

You're welcome! Youtube has tons of easy craft ideas. I may check out some vids later.

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join