It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Chief's Rant - Other police could learn about true care from this man.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This post lies on the side of "social issues", not so much civil unrest. Mods please feel free to move if necessary.

It's not often these days that we get to celebrate the caring side of some police, as they are mostly outnumbered by the thugs on the force today. I wanted to present this excellent open letter to a mother that was written on the Brimfield Police Department's Facebook Page. The page is full of great outreach to the citizens but I wanted to highlight this one.

Now, I agree with the Chief in all that he said. My question is to you...

Do you feel it was their place to move the child away from the "un-caring mother" at this point? Should another process have been followed?

Brimfield, Ohio

This is my opinion. I own it. If you don’t like it, change the internet channel….

Chief’s Rant…. On the meth children

Dear….....mother?

We called for you last night….several times. We were sitting with your teen daughter and her friend. They were absolutely suffering. They had been hanging with a couple mopes for the last two weeks, smoking meth. They met these two on the internet. The girls were pretty much under the control of these two. They weren’t held by force….but they were given a very addictive drug....and shown some attention. I’m sure you had to see your daughter during that time, because according to everyone there, she came home for a shower and clothes every couple days. Did you speak with her? Did you look at her face? We did, for seven hours last night. Those hours were kind of tough for her….because you would not come to get her. You rejected her.

She needed to see you last night…..She had been up for two straight days and was “coming down” from a two day binge. One of my sergeants and others attempted to get you to come to her….but we were told “no.” You were busy….it was too late…..

Shame on you. I’m not sure mothers have a “mom card” similar to a “man card”…but if it exists; I am requesting immediate revocation.

I know your daughter has not been an angel. She is a very spirited girl. I also know, as a parent of an underage child, if your child calls…. you go. I’m not talking about a 25 year-old who keeps getting in trouble. I’m talking about a young teen girl who was strung out and REALLY needed to see her mom. We talked to her instead. Officer Allen and Officer Putnam spent LOTS of time with her. I found her a big teddy bear….and then she called ME a big teddy bear. My tough-guy image was shot. We heard about her life, her mistakes and her dreams. We heard about you and your choices. We heard about a “dad who is not in the picture.” Oh, by the way….dad can pound salt, also. Men who have nothing to do with their children are not men. Even a skunk can make a baby.

So….we hope your date, your night out or your night of restful sleep was good for you. We stayed up all night with your child. She was in a bad place mentally but a good place physically. Today, she is in the care of someone else, because we made the decision to separate you from your inherent responsibility. One of the hundreds of foster families who specialize in rebuilding kids and their dreams will begin the slow process of putting her back together. We hope it isn’t too late for her….

Like it was too late when we called you last night….Chief Oliver

Facebook Source
edit on 2/28/2014 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Boom! Give this guy a good-damn medal, a raise.. whatever! That is a true officer of the people, I would give you a hundred flags if I could for sharing this!

What an awesome human being.

freakjive
Do you feel it was their place to move the child away from the "un-caring mother" at this point? Should another process have been followed?

Also, I doubt she even noticed if she was 'too busy' to go pick up her daughter whilst she was clearly suffering.
edit on 28-2-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
.S&F! hallelujah theres still a human being somewhere out there in the ranks of the bully boys we call policemen.......!

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
laying the blame where it belongs...

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this.

Believe it or not, there are numerous stories involving police officers out there that are similar to this. Unfortunately, people generally post the bad stories, and fail to see and/or acknowledge the good ones.

Just because people post more bad stories then good, doesn't mean there are more bad police then good.

wtvr.com...

boston.cbslocal.com...

www.newson6.com...

Just a couple more good stories

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I have to admit that I did not expect that after reading the title...

There are good cops out there, not all of them are ...... well.... you know...

Good on him and his staff for actually saving a life instead of indangering it.

All those kids need is some love, and some one to tell them it will be alright.

Any person who grew up in a situation relitive to hers could tell you that.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Go Chief!

If someone had known the circumstances earlier, perhaps this child wouldn't be in the situation that the chief/police found her in.

Reminds me of this sad story -let us hope that he will get the support, love and responsible guardians he deserves!

A young child found in the bone-chilling cold, all alone, and with no hat, coat or shoes, is now in the custody of the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.
He was discovered at East 82nd and Avalon in the Avalon Park neighborhood just before midnight Thursday.

The temperature was just six-degrees at the time.

The boy is believed to be three or 4-years-old.

He was taken to a hospital in good condition.

Police eventually linked the boy with his relatives.
A WGN News crew approached the boy’s mother to ask how this could have happened, but she told them to go away.

Read more:wgntv.com...

S and F, freakjive :-)

edit on 5-3-2014 by watchesfromwall because: source link

new topics

top topics

join