It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Alterations and Converting the Sun Worshippers.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

fgiordano
Your theory is most likely correct and I personally believe the same thing. Although, I am not a Modern Day "Christian" I do follow much of the Bible, but take all of it cautiously and don't rule it higher than my own personal experiences relating to the Divine. Personally I don't even see modern day Christianity as what the Bible even asks of believers. I have done a lot of research into the Bible and its many translations and it's shocking to see how people twist what it says to a point where it calls the Messiah the devil. Although that's an example, and probably the most radical, there are many different alterations. It's good to have the Old Testament correct thanks to the finding of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Great post.

(reply to post. Not any replies, just to clarify)

edit on 2-3-2014 by fgiordano because: (no reason given)

If people think God will only give them salvation because they know a book, which has a questionable history, then they probably don't deserve salvation.

God should be something personal, he shouldn't need to give you an instruction manual!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

edit on 3-3-2014 by Specimen because: A bit much.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

What I am trying to debate here is not the invention of Jesus, but the manipulation of the Messiah's story.

Also anyone who quotes the Bible to disprove my theory that the Bible is an unreliable source is just being oxymoronic.

WTF?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What I am discouraging here is when I say "The Bible is not a reliable source for the story of Jesus" , then someone going "But the Bible said Jesus did this"

You know it was going to happen.
edit on 3-3-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

What source for the story of Jesus will you be using?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

My OP isn't about proving or disproving Jesus, my OP is about the possibilities of the story being changed to fit in with other religions.

I believe he was a real man, but I don't believe that the Bible has never been tampered with to better suit powerful men's needs.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

I'm aware of what your thread isn't about, as I quoted that in my first post.
Now, what source will you be using to prove what you're saying?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I've posted sources of information that back my claim, this is my theory and we're here to explore the possibilities and see what other peoples thoughts are on this.

What source are you after?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I'm just wondering how you are going to prove the Bible is an elaborate
scheme forged to serve the rich and powerful, without using the Bible
as a referrence?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Oh I see lol the only time I've referenced it is to compare it to older stories, e.g. Mithras

Source

But I'd rather focus on the other aspects, we all know the story of the Bible, I haven't needed to reference it except to say, this stuff here is like what's in the bible.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I attend church regularly and also acknowledge the interesting facts that you mention. This knowledge was known only to a very few before the internet made a lot it quite available. I don't think it negatively effects my faith. There is a glow that I get from performing religious duties and attending ceremonies that is not quantifiable by the sum of its parts, or even particularly rational.

I've heard it said that Kirkegaard called religion valuable exactly because it is irrational. Maybe there is something to that, but I don't mind taking the Church on its word because while I don't know everything, I am convinced of its well-meaning and sincerity. 'nuff said

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenite

It is not your fault, that even your religious leaders are unfamiliar enough with how the body works, what chants, formations, songs, sounds, feeling of inclusion have.

The fact they really know nothing about it, suggests that someone else does, thus why they get away with total lies that people eagerly lap up.

It is too bad, that the Christians and everyone else cling to there captors, and will NEVER evolve beyond it in any form, because they believe they are at the pinnacle, following "God's Plan"... NEVER realizing that they are being distorted at the HIGHEST levels, and will be harvested summarily.

Some in Creation do exist though, a tiny few remain, who as babies, saw the incredible bondage one takes on when they have "faith".

It is just like an addict to any drug, but better hidden, the very thing that comforts them is the lie itself meant to keep them from everything great, enslaved as the beggar on the street, judged.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

ParasuvO
reply to post by Logarock

No, it is a most encompassing statement of truth.

And I am glad to see that some people know this.

You must consider that when the bible was translated into English, the man that did this was hunted the whole while and finally hunted down and tossed into prison where he died. His only goal was to get the thing out of languages no one could read, so that every plowboy in England could read it for himself. Other died to, burnt at the stake even, in this effort to get the bible out in a publically readable translation.

The Solar boys had managed to hide the thing in Latin. And only they could read it and would read it in public in Latin that no one could understand. So they could say it said anything. Some folks wised up and started translating it. Many died for this. The Solar boys understood that this would expose their game.

So forget Constantine. Think of the reformation that took place, the rebellion against control. If the bible had been altered and tampered with in such a way as to support the use by control freaks, why did they hunt down and kill the translators into English? Because what was written did not support the control freaks.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Wish I had seen this sooner.
Emperor Constantine became a 'christian' after seeing a vision of the cross during a battle. \

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

iRoyalty
God should be something personal, he shouldn't need to give you an instruction manual!

Do babies know all there is to know at birth?

Does a creation know how to maintain peaceful relationships from their beginning, having been born purely carnal (requiring the taking of physical needs)?

Does your car manufacturer provide a user manual for their creation to help that creation operate at it's full potential?

Why wouldn't a Creator God provide an instruction manual to teach His creation how to operate at their full potential?

It is your "personal" version of God, molded to fit into the manner of the natural reasoning's of your mind (carnal by design); which is different then 7 billion other "personal" versions of God attempting to coexist simultaneously (impart upon other minds the manner of your personal reasoning) that leads to conflict (disagreement) in relationships in life.

There is truly one way of thinking that brings all minds into agreement (peace); God provided an instruction manual to teach His creation this manner of thinking, when it is their time to learn it (for most this is NOT that time); the part the world does not grasp it is requires God's Holy spirit "coming in the flesh" of an individual to interpret the instruction book, according to the spiritual intent of it.

God Bless,

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

There is truly one way of thinking that brings all minds into agreement (peace); God provided an instruction manual to teach His creation this manner of thinking, when it is their time to learn it (for most this is NOT that time); the part the world does not grasp it is requires God's Holy spirit "coming in the flesh" of an individual to interpret the instruction book, according to the spiritual intent of it.

And there's the "catch". The Bible is an instruction manual, but only when the time is right, and only when "God" decides you're ready.

There are some nice stories, some good adages, but, in my opinion, the Bible is not a very good instruction manual for anything, let alone morality or spirituality.

From the get go, the God of the Bible tries to limit knowledge and squash free will. He threatens, blusters, mocks and terrorizes his followers into submission.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Several days ago my wife and I watched the documentary "Caesar's Messiah", link caesarsmessiah.com... .

We are now COMPLETELY convinced that Jesus Christ was an historical FICTION, and the Gospels were created by the Roman Flavian emperors! Lots of amazing evidence based on a comparison of the Gospels and the writings of the Roman (Jewish) historian Josephus.

I'm 63 years old and was amazed by this information. Most "believers" (and I was one for many years) won't want to see this movie (also a book), but for those open-minded ones, CHECK IT OUT!!

edit on 3/4/2014 by mwm4ats because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

ElohimJD
Why wouldn't a Creator God provide an instruction manual to teach His creation how to operate at their full potential?

But he didn't, men wrote that book. Then men altered that book to fit their purpose.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

warrenite

I attend church regularly and also acknowledge the interesting facts that you mention. This knowledge was known only to a very few before the internet made a lot it quite available. I don't think it negatively effects my faith. There is a glow that I get from performing religious duties and attending ceremonies that is not quantifiable by the sum of its parts, or even particularly rational.

I've heard it said that Kirkegaard called religion valuable exactly because it is irrational. Maybe there is something to that, but I don't mind taking the Church on its word because while I don't know everything, I am convinced of its well-meaning and sincerity. 'nuff said

See this is what I'm hoping to Enlighten people to. I don't want anyone to give up on their faith and I'm in no way trying to disprove Christianity.

My quarrel is with the people who quote every little line of the bible and think that is the way to be. Perhaps it was 2 millennia a go, but the book is just a couple of guys interpretation of the inner workings of God. Take the good from the bible, the bits you know ring true with your view of the world. All I ask is that my Christian friends tread carefully, God would not want you to blindly believe in something that was not his and be led astray.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join