It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Alterations and Converting the Sun Worshippers.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Logarock
Constantine didn't get everybody to just get along. The pagan ways of thousands of years which had now culminated into this panicle of power that was Rome was desperate to survive so they superimposed onto christianity to save themselves. The Pagan ways as sole proprietor over the minds of men now found itself after 1000's of years being forced to adopt a new face. So much of the mysteries were force to morph or now find themselves hidden from view.

This is why I think what Constantine did was quite a feat, probably quite immoral, but he did a better job of uniting his lands than any other Emperor before him. To convince the Romans to convert, it was quite something. Being an avid Sol Invictus follower it seems only logical that any alterations that the Bible may have undergone would mimic something of the Sun-God Mithras personality.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

jazz10
Nice post.
Especially this part

Give yourself to God, do good, pray and worship God. However, I urge my Christian brothers and sisters to do so in their own way. Worship God in a way that you have discovered through your own experiences with the Divine and not through a book that we all know is likely not the word of Jesus or God. 

Thank you, I wanted it to be clear that I mean no offence to any Christians. H

However blindly accepting Dogma is not intelligent and I do not want any human beings to be blinded by organised religious institutions.
edit on 1-3-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Now this may be hard to understand and perhaps not believable to many, but it looks like the corrupting influence of Babylon/Sumerian actually took ancient and known teachings about the one to come and turned them into something they could use for themselves. The "royal" lines that established themselves in the Sumerian Valley did so in rebellion against the Shem line of Kings, the line with real authority. They made up a virgin birth story for example, impregnation by a sun beam ect to numerous to name all that they corrupted.

If you are suggesting that solar cults made up the virgin story to counter or preempt the prophecy of a coming Messiah from Isaiah, biblical scholars highly dispute the translation of the word "virgin" in the text, and insist the word actually translates "maiden". Any claim that Jesus was born of a virgin was an attempt at competing with existing "virgin" parthenogenesis mythology already in existence, in my opinion.

Way before Isaiah was even born, Moses, if he really existed, was being instructed in the tradition of the Osiris/Isis/Horus mysteries, already centuries old, in Egypt, where Isis, "The Perpetual Virgin" had already given birth to the blessed child.

The Pagan ways as sole proprietor over the minds of men now found itself after 1000's of years being forced to adopt a new face. So much of the mysteries were force to morph or now find themselves hidden from view.

There was no one unified pagan religion or philosophy ruling the minds of men at that time. There were so many religious spiritual cults, temples and ways of worship, no one could just agree on one! Thus the Nicene Creed, an agreement made by "religious politicians" of some familiar "Universal" "Catholic" construct of a compromise, that turned out in a very short time to be no compromise at all, but total tyranny.

edit on 1-3-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by chiram

Plato’s Chariot ALLEGORY – nice idea but I don’t think its right because the iconography is different – for example
Plato’s Chariot has just two horses

"First the charioteer of the human soul drives a pair, and secondly one of the horses is noble and of noble breed, but the other quite the opposite in breed and character. Therefore in our case the driving is necessarily difficult and troublesome."[1]
The Charioteer represents intellect, reason, or the part of the soul that must guide the soul to truth; one horse represents rational or moral impulse or the positive part of passionate nature (e.g., righteous indignation); while the other represents the soul's irrational passions, appetites, or concupiscent nature. The Charioteer directs the entire chariot/soul, trying to stop the horses from going different ways, and to proceed towards enlightenment

en.wikipedia.org...

sun gods usually have 4 horses – the 4 seasons I suppose or the two equinoxes and solstices

Also you would think that whoever was making the art knew what they intended to depict - right?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

chiram

Chiram: I disputed your statement.

So?
You're patently and obviously incorrect. Dispute with information that counters my claim.

Chiram: Name a few Archeologists, Historians who agree with your point, and Im not interested in pictures of your interpretations. So are we expected to ignore the writings of Plato, Aristotle and the Vedas on the Parable/Allegory of the “Charioteer’ and the sometimes two or four white horses, sometimes black and white horses?

Go to Google.
Type in "sun god at center of zodiac."

VOILA! All the historians, archeologists and so forth you might want ... that is IF you wanted to know the truth.

I did not reference Plato, Aristotle or the Vedas, but surely to Christmas you're not reducing those worthy sources to merely supporting your rather inane interpretation?

Here, do this. Find a scholarly reference that places Plato's Charioteer at the Center of a Zodiac. That's a place to start.
edit on 13Sat, 01 Mar 2014 13:58:43 -060014p012014366 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

I dont think the bible was altered along the way to try and fit some other religions - I think it was created right from the outset with a view to being an acceptable religion for as many as possible.

It was to my mind, invented out of whole cloth - the entire thing was carefully assembled from various religious writings of many peoples, sewn together brilliantly into a single narrative - and delivered as a cultural force - forging the Byzantine empire.

I forget the name of the scholar used by Constantine to assemble the bible .. he was Jewish .. Josephus Fabian perhaps? Anyhow - I believe he basically invented the entire new testament - assembling a wide range of myths, stories, parables and religious tales into a single narrative.

Jesus never existed - he is a myth.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by chiram

A Crown of thorns, to encircle who or what, us? A crucifixion to replenish our sins, Or to kill the religion, meaning it’s something more? The WILL of David against Goliath? 5 specific wounds to potentially not allow a return to the source? all can be investigated, just a few things that are up for interpretation.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Gryphon66

Pythagoras Pagan, Essene's Pagan, divine laws possible, deception of humanity apparent,
edit on 1-3-2014 by Fingle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Anti-Catholicism in the United States

Hostility to Catholics and their Church was prominent among Protestants in Britain and Germany from the Protestant Reformation onwards. Immigrants brought that hostility with them to the American colonies. Two types of anti-Catholic rhetoric existed in colonial society. The first, derived from the theological heritage of the Protestant Reformation and the religious wars of the sixteenth century, consisted of the Biblical "Anti-Christ" and the "Whore of Babylon" variety and dominated anti-Catholic thought until the late seventeenth century. The second type was a secular variety which focused on the alleged intrigues of Catholic states which were hostile to both Marxism and Classical Liberalism.[1]

Historian Arthur M. Schlesinger, Sr. characterized prejudice against the Catholics as "the deepest bias in the history of the American people."

Such as Dan Brown’s bestselling novel The Da Vinci Code contained a good summation of traditional anti-Catholic urban legends: a violent Catholicism willing to use any means to hide the fact that it knows its essential beliefs are false and has deluded the ignorant masses for centuries. Brown’s success has assured that both a new generation immersed in anti-Catholicism and proof of the continued popularity and acceptance in mainstream America of Catholic urban legends.

It is concerning that such a book claims to be factual and well researched and even goes to great lengths to convey the impression that it is based on fact. Brown's ideas promotes are anything but fact other than blatant misrepresents that the Church is a murderous institution but also implies that the Christian faith itself is utterly false.

FYI: Harvard University has no department of symbology.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf2

Are you referencing an older comment, or are you saying that I'm being anti-catholic. Because I want to point out that I'm not trying to discriminate against anyone.

I simply don't want people to blindly follow something, you should always question information you are given, it's how we find falsities.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

What part of thriller fiction is difficult to understand. He has a wonderful writing style, but it is fiction, not non-fiction, and I did not have any idea that anyone would have supposed that fiction suddenly was based on fact.

Here, maybe this will help you. en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 2-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

That's correct it is fiction.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

windword

Now this may be hard to understand and perhaps not believable to many, but it looks like the corrupting influence of Babylon/Sumerian actually took ancient and known teachings about the one to come and turned them into something they could use for themselves. The "royal" lines that established themselves in the Sumerian Valley did so in rebellion against the Shem line of Kings, the line with real authority. They made up a virgin birth story for example, impregnation by a sun beam ect to numerous to name all that they corrupted.

If you are suggesting that solar cults made up the virgin story to counter or preempt the prophecy of a coming Messiah from Isaiah, biblical scholars highly dispute the translation of the word "virgin" in the text, and insist the word actually translates "maiden". Any claim that Jesus was born of a virgin was an attempt at competing with existing "virgin" parthenogenesis mythology already in existence, in my opinion.

If you would ever learn to read properly instead of rushing to clear your holster......I didn't say anything about Isaiah.....did say Shem. Different time frame.

NO, I am saying that the solar cults were a counter to information going way back, pre Israelite revelations about Christ.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

So why did you find it so "concerning" ? If he was trying to pass it off as non-fiction that would be another story, but he is not.

Ever read science fiction? It puts you in a mythical place and makes it all seem real and alive and possible, same thing with Dan Brown, its making the mythical seem real, that is called the art of being a good writer. But Dan Brown says it is fiction, and has never once implied that it is in any way true.

I simply cannot find anything concerning in a work of fiction.
edit on 2-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

windword

There was no one unified pagan religion or philosophy ruling the minds of men at that time. There were so many religious spiritual cults, temples and ways of worship, no one could just agree on one! Thus the Nicene Creed, an agreement made by "religious politicians" of some familiar "Universal" "Catholic" construct of a compromise, that turned out in a very short time to be no compromise at all, but total tyranny.

edit on 1-3-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

The same tyranny they had as a sun cult. They pulled a cant beat them join them thing. They took over the church and had state approval for same. In your blind rage you want to toss the whole thing out now under several do gooder headings. Your dangerous like a Jew hating Nazi 1936.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I do not think you are being discriminatory at all, it never crossed my mind. I am trained in my job to question when information is distorted or blatantly incorrect.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Amagnon

I dont think the bible was altered along the way to try and fit some other religions - I think it was created right from the outset with a view to being an acceptable religion for as many as possible.

It was to my mind, invented out of whole cloth - the entire thing was carefully assembled from various religious writings of many peoples, sewn together brilliantly into a single narrative - and delivered as a cultural force - forging the Byzantine empire.

I forget the name of the scholar used by Constantine to assemble the bible .. he was Jewish .. Josephus Fabian perhaps? Anyhow - I believe he basically invented the entire new testament - assembling a wide range of myths, stories, parables and religious tales into a single narrative.

Jesus never existed - he is a myth.

This post got stared up......but it is one of the most ignorant posts on the topic you will find in any 10 threads about the subject.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

The same tyranny they had as a sun cult. They pulled a cant beat them join them thing. They took over the church and had state approval for same.

The "THEY" that you are referring to, is the very same "THEY" that held and approved the doctrine of the Ncene Creed in their new age universalism and their canonical tyranny.

Your dangerous like a Jew hating Nazi 1936.

Really?! No need to go there. I'm not Catholic! LOL

Canon 29

Christians must not judaize by resting on the Sabbath, but must work on that day, rather honouring the Lord's Day; and, if they can, resting then as Christians. But if any shall be found to be judaizers, let them be anathema from Christ.

Canon 37

It is not lawful to receive portions sent from the feasts of Jews or heretics, nor to feast together with them.

Canon 38

It is not lawful to receive unleavened bread from the Jews, nor to be partakers of their impiety.

And, just in case you wanted to attend the funeral of one of your loved ones, murdered by the church for heresy, you better think twice!

Canon 9

The members of the Church are not allowed to meet in the cemeteries, nor attend the so-called martyries of any of the heretics, for prayer or service; but such as so do, if they be communicants, shall be excommunicated for a time; but if they repent and confess that they have sinned they shall be received.

SOURCE

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

No, it is a most encompassing statement of truth.

And I am glad to see that some people know this.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Your theory is most likely correct and I personally believe the same thing. Although, I am not a Modern Day "Christian" I do follow much of the Bible, but take all of it cautiously and don't rule it higher than my own personal experiences relating to the Divine. Personally I don't even see modern day Christianity as what the Bible even asks of believers. I have done a lot of research into the Bible and its many translations and it's shocking to see how people twist what it says to a point where it calls the Messiah the devil. Although that's an example, and probably the most radical, there are many different alterations. It's good to have the Old Testament correct thanks to the finding of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Great post.

(reply to post. Not any replies, just to clarify)

edit on 2-3-2014 by fgiordano because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join