It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanton Friedman on What the Government Isn't Telling Us About Aliens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

funbox
reply to post by Blue Shift

probably not the nearest pub

“Bypasses are devices that allow some people to dash from point A to point B very fast while other people dash from point B to point A very fast. People living at point C, being a point directly in between, are often given to wonder what's so great about point A that so many people from point B are so keen to get there, and what's so great about point B that so many people from point A are so keen to get there. They often wish that people would just once and for all work out where the hell they wanted to be.”

ahhh , no more book

funBox

Might be worth giving Douglas Adams the honours on that quote there - many of us may be familiar with the Hitchikers Guide, but not sure everyone will be....

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by uncommitted

you're right , hats off to a great writer, and thumbs down to me the lazy typer, im much more graphicly expressive

funBOx
edit on 6-2-2014 by funbox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Regarding the technology and oil industry.

I don't think the entire world would shut down because of contact with E.T ...
Oil would still be standard for ground transportation. We have no idea how these beings from out 'there' really did harness this technology in the first place, it might not even be practical for automobile use, I mean rocket fuel technically per oz blows gasoline out of the water for moving objects, but it's terrible for efficiency, and I wouldn't want that stuff in my car.
Now for space travel and weapons uses, I can understand but that would just lead to even more power and richness to the oil company's, cell phone network providers, auto makers, etc since they would the only ones who have the net worth to actually invest in such technology to begin with. The world wouldn't come to a stand still at all, the gap between the rich and the poor would just widen.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

funbox
reply to post by uncommitted

you're right , hats off to a great writer, and thumbs down to me the lazy typer, im much more graphicly expressive

*placeholder*

funBOx

And so it goes.

Of all the threads in all the world you had to post into this one.

Ask not what your thread can do for you, but what you can do for your thread.
edit on 6-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

Yes your right, they could be better than us, at times i think that wouldnt be hard!, over the years of researching and seeing ufos with my own eyes alone and with others and having that feeling of uh oh we wouldnt stand a chance against them if they can do that, im leaning towards the more "demonic" stance some researchers are putting forward, ive really gone through phases with the ufo phenomena but logically this outcome feels right!. The world is full of lies, evil and deception right now a lot of good people arent seeing the truth. The world needs a reset something that gives us a commonality surely our star "friends" see this and know this so again i have to ask where are they? are they waiting till the brink of world war 3 to show up? my theory is sometime this year or next we see a mass sighting the world over, no landings or meetings just aerial sightings, then they disappear, the christians get raptured at some point and the ufos take the applause, plausible to the ones left as we all know about abductions the media will fill in the blanks, but if thats the case then they aint aliens and something bigger is happening?!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

ahh come on be fair ,it twas the power of advertising that brought me here, my eye was drawn to an anomaly at the bottom of the page ... spooky

funBox

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

That interview is probably the most sensible I've ever heard old SF.

I'm not sure if that's due editing, or, if he's cleaned up some due criticism, or what.

I still get the impression he rides too much on past defunct laurels, as if he's still a nuclear scientist, when he's been in the business of selling used Flying Saucers for much much longer, made more money doing so, while also having more freedom and quality time to hisself.

Basically, even stated in an old interview, when he discovered he could make more money talking about flying saucers to people, and have more free time, he quit his job.

More money, and less work?
Who doesn't want that?

Of note, however, we also see a favor bias in making proclamations from an ETH as fact position.

It's bothersome when people talk about UFOs or Flying Saucers in personifying them as "alien" yet provide no good evidence, not even smoking gun, but, slightly warmer than room temperature to the touch gun evidence that points to UFOs as having any accountability other than UNKNOWN.

In other words, it's more programming from positions of false/supposed/popular authority when people talk "aliens" when the subject is UFOs, and UFOs get along quite fine without aliens as Unknowns.

I like what you have to say and how you go about saying it. You're asking for more actual proof before folks go all "woowoo" Sedona and whatnot...which folks seem to go to at the drop of a hat....

I agree with you 100%!!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

but you really can't question his integrity. And as such he deserves our respect
reply to post by schuyler

I whole heartedly agree with your assesment of Mr. Friedman. There are very few ufologists that have stuck with it as long as Stanton has, and been able to walk out of it with head held high....integrity intact. He has never been a sensationalist and deals in what he considers facts. He is an amazing researcher who has spent a life time trying to figure out the UFO phenomena....and done a great deal through his lectures, to bring awareness to the public. Not to mention he's a very nice man.

I don't begrudge the man one cent that he has made off his lectures....after all a man has to be able to provide for his family. In reality...he has not gotten rich off it to say the least. I admire Stanton Friedman....as should all who hold the subject of UFO's near and dear.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Just so you guys know, we've approached people in the past who have declined interviews because we wouldn't compensate them. We weren't even hinted that Mr. Friedman wanted any $$$. He was a lot of fun to talk to.
edit on 6-2-2014 by Notheycant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Since 1970 Stanton Freidman's occupation has been a UFOlogy lecturer. He doesn't do any scientific research to prove nor disprove UFO's.
He investigates crash sites, interviews witnesses, and retells the story. Kind of like Ghost Hinters.

I think he is a very good story teller , and he works with the knowledge he has effectively. Best in the field for anybody new to UFOlogy.

It's been a good many years since he's been 'in the loop' on the latest knowledge, but I'd still attend a lecture by him if I had a chance.

And the DTOM team? You guys are crazy!
(Fun crazy, of course. Loved the pajama pants!
)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

NONPOINT21
reply to post by Notheycant

When he was talking about his points with how oil would shut down and cars because of new technology and free energy and nobody wanting to release their power i can only think of the New World Order. That goes against what they want. They supposedly want a one world government. You would think if that is true then releasing ET information would be exactly what they want to do to obtain that one world government right???

I personally think that ET/other beings are real and are here. I doubt we will get any disclosure in my lifetime due to the shear fact that the ones in the know don't really know. Look how much we the people are manipulated by our governments of the world. What would make me think that another species wouldn't do the exact same thing to them???

This ET stuff possibly may be part of the mark of the Beast and anti-Christ with all this New World Order and One World Government control stuff being pushed and free energy and new technology.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Notheycant
Hey Guys,

Today marks the triumphant return of DTOM to a favorite subject here at ATS - Aliens.

Thanks for coming back, love this topic.
edit on 2-6-2014 by Springer because: There is no need to quote an entire OP...

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

If the vehicle doesn't land on your doorstep and the pilots get out and say, "Hey, we hear earth chicks are easy" and proceed to party, that thing you see in the distance is probably a natural phenomenon, bird or military/man made. That is not saying that I don't believe that there is extraterrestrial intelligent life in the universe, just, why the hell would they bother with us? When was the last time you had an intelligent two sided conversation with an ant?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

All I can tell you from up front personal experience is that a HUGE craft bigger than a football field has been developed, and Uncle Sam just doesn't want us to know how technologically advance our country really is.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

nugget1

All I can tell you from up front personal experience is that a HUGE craft bigger than a football field has been developed, and Uncle Sam just doesn't want us to know how technologically advance our country really is.
maybe they can give me a ride off this planet. : )

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

nugget1

I can certainly believe that to some extent as I developed a 3Mw/2Tev emp cannon in 1987, that's what, 27 years ago ;-) I just saw some blurb/thread yesterday about advanced semiconductor laser weapons LOL. Back in the mid 90's we were developing thin film semiconductor supercapacitors, cobalt and dielectric moving field based stealth technology and quantum communication, I know how far technology lags behind in the public eye. So much technology is hidden but it is primarily hidden to give a military advantage. I looked at using some NASA patents for electro-polymer muscles back in the late 90's and that technology is just coming out now applied to mini-ornithopters (insect sized) for use as spy UAV's. If I told you what technologies for projects I have been queried about lately, you may or may not be shocked depending on your position and knowledge.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 2/7.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

We all want the same thing, we all want proof. But thanks to massive corporations and religious groups we will never get that chance. I think its really bloody pathetic that we have people , groups, corporations, organisation's and governments out there that are deliberately sabotaging the human spirit, our health and self worth and denying us the truth all for there personal gain and control and some stupid pathetic agreements that were made long ago between our mainstream religion our governments and the ETs. Making earth a no fly or visit zone for most alien species except for those species listed in the agreements with strict guiedlines. PATHETIC..... We as individuals will NEVER reach our full potential under the current rules and society that governs earth. Nor will we ever know what its like to meet aliens or travel the cosmos.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
If you let Stanton Friedman ramble, you'll get the same basic stuff every time. His- "Don't bother me with the facts, my mind is made up" skeptic argument is a classic one. There's really nothing new for him to add. So, he didn't say anything new with that interview.

If he's challenged with questions, such as the YouTube link below with Robert Sheaffer, he'll skirt around it or doesn't even consider anything outside of what he believes to be true, as a possibility. If he was truly in search for facts, he would welcome and consider a skeptical view. Instead, he argues against them every time.

Sheaffer-Friedman Debate YouTube

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

For anyone who has missed it-

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

They are not interested in conquest for the sake of conquest. They want to exploit this world for their own benefit. The hybrid program is intended to create an interface between them and us so they can get power in the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join